[SML] Drawing Layers with Different Scales

Rob Graham photonguide at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 05:03:18 UTC 2014

I'm posting this in both SML and VW Theatre lists hoping someone might
be able to help out.

I'm trying to develop a template file for technical drawings.  What
I'd like to do is create boxes that represent the size of the
printouts (18x24), in which I can create the necessary tech drawings.
I'd like to be able to have multiple layers, each representing a
different scale, as sometime I need to change scales to make an item
fit my page size.

I've been able to do that, but when I set up sheet layers, I can't
seem to get the different scale layers to appear.  Is it possible to
have a viewport on a 1:1 layer, but then turn on the "1/2" scale (or
another) layer to get it to appear inside the viewport for printing?

For instance, Plate 1, to fit, would need the unit drafted in 3/8"
scale, but Plates 2 -6 could be in 1/2" scale.  I can do that in
'design layer,' but the viewports/sheet layers are not cooperating.

VW2014 SP5.  Porting between Macbook Pro OSX 10.9.5  and Windows 7 PC.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice.

--
Rob Graham
photonguide at gmail.com