[SML] Drawing Layers with Different Scales

C. Andrew Dunning cad at landrudesign.com
Fri Dec 19 14:49:07 UTC 2014

Rob -

> I'm trying to develop a template file for technical drawings.
> I'd like to be able to have multiple layers, each representing
> a different scale, as sometime I need to change scales to make
> an item fit my page size.
> Is it possible to have a viewport on a 1:1 layer, but then
> turn on the "1/2" scale (or another) layer...?

You don't need to create multiple Design Layers to do that.  You simply
create your model on whatever Design Layer(s) you wish - at whatever scale
you wish.  You then create Sheet Layer ViewPorts of that model to create
your plates.  The scale of each ViewPort is set through the SLVP's "Scale"
parameter (about half-way down on the ViewPort Object Info Palette).  You
can select from multiple standard scales or define your own.

HTH...

C. Andrew Dunning
Landru Design
-