[SML] Drawing Layers with Different Scales

Rob Graham photonguide at gmail.com
Fri Dec 19 15:01:05 UTC 2014

> You don't need to create multiple Design Layers to do that.  You simply
> create your model on whatever Design Layer(s) you wish - at whatever scale
> you wish.  You then create Sheet Layer ViewPorts of that model to create
> your plates.  The scale of each ViewPort is set through the SLVP's "Scale"
> parameter (about half-way down on the ViewPort Object Info Palette).  You
> can select from multiple standard scales or define your own.

How would that alleviate, the "will this all fit on this plate"
question. I know I can draft in whatever scale I like, and then port
it into a viewport.  That doesn't help the workflow issue I'm trying
to resolve, unfortunately.  I guess I'm just not smart enough to know
the answer to that question looking at a computer screen, and there's
no good way for me to solve that problem as rapidly, or as easily as I
like,

--
Rob Graham
photonguide at gmail.com