[SML] Carousel Horses

Steven Mclean stevenjmclean at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:56:26 UTC 2014

I thought that I would report back about the rotocast Carousel horses
that I queried the list about a couple of months ago.
Long story very short: I found a vendor and bought the 2 that I needed.
Longer version.  It seems that Rotonics Inc from which I purchased
full size rotocast horses 10 years ago went out of business.  Their
moulds were bought by several companies,.  After much searching, I
finally found out that a company in Ohio picked up the moulds.  White
rotocast horse (with mould seams that needed trimming) cost me $150
each (plus a $50 mould setup fee for quantities below 5)  Shipping was
another $200. Even though all 4 horses were identical in position.  I
painted each one differently using a lot of metallic (silver and gold)
using some research that I found online.

If anyone needs better contact info, contact me offline.

Thanks for those who replied to my request

Steven J McLean
steve.mclean at simpson.edu
designandtechtheatre.wordpress.com