[SML] Man's Wedding Ring Gets Him Killed

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 10:13:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 9:44 PM, Dale Farmer via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Only ring related injury I ever saw myself was when I was in the navy.
> There was a fire and one of my shipmates caught his wedding ring on the dogs
> of a watertight hatchway while he was running to respond.   It skinned his
> finger between the ring and the knuckle, and dislocated that finger.

I saw the aftermath once of a machinist who somehow got his wedding
ring caught by one of the jaws of a 3-jaw lathe chuck during a turning
operation. The results were NOT pretty; it pretty much skinned his
ring finger like husking an ear of corn.

--
Dave Vick
Automation Carpenter/Rigger,