[SML] Man's Wedding Ring Gets Him Killed

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Nov 13 20:48:19 UTC 2014

As a kid I would do a "magic" act for our neighbors.  I'd hold an
ordinary florescent light in my hand, mumble a magic phrase, and
shazam!  The light would light.  Funny the celler door was always open.
My father down there would hit the key on his transmitter at the
appropriate time.  The antenna was stealth so the neighbors didn't know
we had an ham radio station.

On 11/13/2014 11:11 AM, e-mail frank.wood95 via Stagecraft wrote:
> Transmitting sites han have huge electric fields. I remember one where
> it was said that you never needed to carry a torch. The fields were
> said to be such that an ordinary fluorescent tube would light up.
> Mind, this was a big site, with six 250KW senders, and two 400KW. I
> remember the power intake meter in the chief engineer's office
> pointing at 3MW.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand