[SML] Altman Phoenix RGB/RGBA, etc LED profiles: thoughts?

e-mail frank.wood95 frank.wood95 at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 15 23:40:44 UTC 2014

Dorian Kelly posted a link to a very informative document about energy
efficiency, colour rendering, and dimmability. Here it is:

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/outreach/BBC_LEL_Guidelines.pdf

As an LD, and as a teacher of colorimetry and a physicist, I
reccommend it to all of you. Evidently, few of the luminaires quoted
as examples will be on the American market, but similar ones will.

Reading this will perhaps save me from having to post so much
information about light sources in general, and LEDs in particular.

On 15 November 2014 22:05, Scott C. Parker via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I'm a fan of the Prism light. A little more $, but competes with a S4 750.
> Not complete color mixing, but takes gel and tunes color temp very well.
>
> On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 2:45 PM, Jon Ares via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone used the Altman Phoenix LED ellipsoidals?  Thoughts?
>> Intensity? Color mixing?
>>
>> Compare to a 575w Source Four, with a similar saturated color?
>>
>> --
>> Jon Ares
>> www.arescreative.com
>> Follow my twits @jon_ares