[SML] OT: Strange email "Help with research on lighting and stagecraft"

Kim Craigie kcraigie at vls.com
Tue Nov 18 14:23:35 UTC 2014

Scott,

I've received two of those emails, not through Linkedin, but through regular email. It has that same exact phrasing:

"My name is Jessica and I work for an information company ...  We are a New Jersey based company and specialize in personal and business investigations."

I haven't followed up with either one. I am curious to see if it's legit, but I just haven't had the time to research it.

Kim Craigie
Vincent Lighting Systems