[SML] OT: Strange email "Help with research on lighting and stagecraft"

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 07:59:50 UTC 2014

Well, I sent a note to the sender and received this reply. Seems like Mole
Richardson is having some troubles.

Scott - I'm glad to hear you did your checking! This is exactly what AIR is
doing. We were retained with respect to an asbestos exposure lawsuit where
our client is the law firm representing Mole Richardson.

The bottom line is we are contacting several professionals in the stage
lighting field and academia to get a variety of opinions about Mole
Richardson lighting, specifically regarding where such lighting was used.
We understand different events use different types of lighting and
different manufacturers depending on costs/budget, quality, durability,
etc. By events we mean television, arena concerts, theatre, and so on. This
is where we need your help.

We received information from Mole Richardson (our client's client), but we
do our own independent investigation. Similarly, we are not lighting
professionals so we reach out to the experts.

If it is alright with you, I would just like to send you a few questions
via email, or if you prefer, via telephone.

And if you could please pass this information along to your colleagues, I
would really appreciate it!

I hope to hear from you soon,

--
Scott C. Parker