[SML] infrared hearing systems

Garry Brown grbrown at iglou.com
Wed Nov 26 01:17:55 UTC 2014

On 11/24/2014 11:06 AM, Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft wrote:
> First off, is there a reason you're going the infrared route?  There
> are variety of assisted listening system technology, ranging from IR,
> to RF to induction loop.  Depending on your needs, one of the other
> technologies may better suit your application.
>
> In brief:

   My thanks for very useful information. My chair asked specifically
about IR systems because that's what he's heard of. It came up when an
older (90-ish) gentleman came to see a performance this weekend. It's
never been an issue up until now nor discussed.
   In fact, it sounds as if the RF system would make far more sense for
our relatively small facilities if we choose to invest in it. But, for
now, it's just a fact-finding mission.
   Again, thanks.

Garry Brown