[SML] infrared hearing systems

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Wed Nov 26 01:43:09 UTC 2014

We changed our 3 venues from IR to RF years ago.  The original system was failing, so we upgraded.

(not that we have a lot of requests for them anyway)

The IR was subject to interference from all the camera flashes I believe (I could be wrong on that, not my department).

What we liked about the RF systems was:
Headsets could be changed to different receiving frequencies, allowing for the different venues in the same building,
AND if / when we need to do simultaneous translation, we could use our head sets on a different, compatible frequency.

Food for thought.

None are cheap.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca