[SML] infrared hearing systems

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Wed Nov 26 03:17:13 UTC 2014

>> There are variety of assisted listening system technology, ranging from IR, to RF to induction loop.  Depending on your needs, one of the other technologies may better suit your application.
>>
>> In brief:
>
>  My thanks for very useful information. My chair asked specifically about IR systems because that's what he's heard of.

	I haven’t had experience with RF hearing assist systems, but I can certainly see the advantage. With the FCC auctioning off our public airwaves and once again jeopardising our wireless mikes, I wonder if / when that will also affect hearing assist systems.

	We had an IR system at the Smith, which worked well - although they were rarely used. My parents are both raving as bout the new “Loop” that was recently installed in their church and at a theatre they frequent. It feeds directly in to their hearing aids, and they love it!  Just a few uninformed observations / data points.

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy
Central New York Magic Theatre Co.