[SML] Chauvet Ovation FD-165WW

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Thu Nov 27 18:14:25 UTC 2014

For those of you that attended LDI, who checked out the new Chauvet
Ovation LED ellipsoidals and fresnels that can run off of dimmers?
Thoughts?

As usual, I probably won't have any luck in getting the people with
the big purse to give me money for new fixtures, I'm particularly
interested in these fixtures, and, at the moment, the fresnel, for use
in by black box space.  The BB has horrible heat management....
freakishly cold in the winter, sans show, but when we have a show,
with lots of fresnels, and an audience squeezed in there, it's hot as
hell. So, I'm curious about these fixtures....  (As well as the
ED-190WW ellipsoidal.) A tremendous advantage to these is they don't
require a separate DMX feed to each fixture, if they're plugged into
the dimmed circuit, and just using intensity controls (like an
incandescent fixture).

Are they noisy? Anyone know a list price? (Ford?)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com