[SML] Rock Singer Electrocuted on Stage

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Fri Nov 28 15:22:00 UTC 2014

My memory is a bit hazy but as I recall there were both polarized and
non-polarized 2-wire cord cap connectors  . . .

The non-polarized (both blades the same size) were generally used on
equipment that had a power transformer to isolate the line from the
equipment circuitry and a 'chassis ground' was derived from the
transformer secondary.

Equipment without power transformers (cheap table radios, intercoms,
etc.) derived a 'chassis ground' by capacitive coupling the chassis to
the 'cold' power line connection (the wider blade of the cord cap).

In the TV shop I worked at as a teenager we had both non-polarized and
polarized cheater cords...

Carla

I was shocked when my psychiatrist told me I was imagining things. I'm
not seeing a psychiatrist.