[SML] OT -Vehicle Leasing

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 23:05:02 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 6:36 PM, Stephen Rees via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> What have I
> missed in this equation? Pitfalls of leasing?? Curious for any pros
> and cons the assembled horde might care to share.

The fact that there's a gas station on damn near every corner, and it
takes, what, five minutes to drop the 8.7 gallons of gas, as opposed
to how long to charge up the ED batteries, assuming you can find a
charging station?

Electric "fuel" costs a helluva lot more than "half the cost of the
gas model" for the ED, I think, when you take your time into
consideration. But then, you probably don't drive yours like I drive
mine (e.g. drive the snot out of it), so maybe it'll work for you. I
know beyond a doubt it won't work for me.

--
Dave Vick
IATSE #274, Michigan