[SML] OT -Vehicle Leasing

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Thu Oct 2 23:57:11 UTC 2014

We leased a car - had to get a more modern one with tether points for Best Boy's car seat when he was a toddler, and didn't have enough $$ to buy one. At the end of the rental period we were upside down because of high mileage. Tried to buy it, but our credit was so sucky at the time we couldn't do so. Talked with the car dealership. They were able to put us into a new vehicle with a traditional payment plan for $10 a month more than the lease and nothing down.

Guess where we've bought all our cars since and have them serviced?

And the one we bought then has almost 200,000 miles on it 12 years later and runs like a charm.

Your mileage may/will vary, bur I say, if you don't need to lease, don't.

Kristi R-C