[SML] GaffGun taping tool.

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Oct 3 19:06:16 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 3, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> That looks like a project for the school shop to make, length of iron
> pipe, a coupling, few other parts, bit of welding...  When I was in high
> school our shop was always making stuff for the football team (all bow
> down to the all powerful football team).

We have no "shop" classes, nor welding capability, though I dearly wish I
had a floor-taping gizmo. So... don't have the in-house capability to build
one, and I'd never get anyone to buy us one, especially since we don't even
own a Marley.  But, we do have 2 clients who bring a floor, and I'm getting
mighty tired of crawling on the floor and taping it down.  No one is going
to buy us something to "help" outside rentals.  (We've got one client who
occasionally uses our stage to hold 2-hour-long Master classes, so there's
a mad dash to tape out a floor, only to pull it all up and roll it up 2
hours later.  Groan.)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com