[SML] GaffGun taping tool.

June Abernathy JEA00321 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 20:17:52 UTC 2014

On Oct 3, 2014, at 3:00 PM, Jerry Durand <jdurand at interstellar.com> wrote:
> That looks like a project for the school shop to make, length of iron
> pipe, a coupling, few other parts, bit of welding...  When I was in high
> school our shop was always making stuff for the football team (all bow
> down to the all powerful football team).

Jerry, precious few High Schools have shop classes any more. And if they did, I'm going to bet they wouldn't let the kids weld. Liability trumps learning every time. It might make a nifty project for a stagecraft class.

The Gaff Gun device seems expensive, but on the other hand, it's not like the pipe or broomstick models we have used over the years are really a lot cheaper when you consider time and materials. Would probably be worth it for a place that does a lot of one off pop shows or dance shows with Marley. It would be a worthy DIY project, though.

June Abernathy
IATSE #321 (Tampa, FL)
FOH Electrician
The Lion King National Tour