[SML] Suggestions for color correction gel on a T-4 CFL floodlight?

Dan Sheehan dsheehan.sml at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 13:25:11 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 4, 2014 at 9:44 PM, bruce--- via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> Try changing the lamp to a 3000k?  Something like
> < http://www.pegasuslighting.com/t4-fluorescent-light-bulbs-28w.html >

got curious so I went there, found

""
    Very Good CRI: is 82+ for all white lamps below

    3 Color Temperatures: 3000K (warm white), 4100K (cool white),
6400K (daylight)
""

Curiouser (per Lewis Carroll, more curious per spellcheck (which
doesn't check ?!) )

How can these obviously quite different lamps all have 82 CRI (didn't
notice the "+")

So I read up a bit on CRI... which led to the conclusion that
 using CRI to evaluate a non-continuous-spectral source
is very likely to be misleading(*)

the search for info veered tangentially off to

http://lowel.tiffen.com/edu/color_temperature_and_rendering_demystified.html

from the camera filter people, which I thought was a pretty good presentation.

(*) also lead to the conclusion that studying CRI too deeply can
induce headaches
--
...Dan Sheehan
Fixer of things that break