[SML] RIP Georgia Shakespeare Festival...

Will Leonard wleonard at alleytheatre.org
Wed Oct 8 21:33:57 UTC 2014

http://www.artsatl.com/2014/10/breaking-news-citing-financial-stress-georgia-shakespeare-theater-shutters-29-year-run/

Georgia Shakespeare has closed its doors for good. I know that many people on this list has had contact with GA Shakes so I wanted to share this information with the group. This is very sad & I wanted to repost something here I wrote on Facebook because I want it shared with everyone...

"I am very proud of the 4 years I worked at GA Shakes (back when it was GSF). I am sad to see it go & hope that it may return to Atlanta at a later date. I am thankful for all the friends I had at the Big Metal Tent (especially those formed back on the Loading Dock late at night)! I cherish all of you.
I would like to thank Richard Garner for being one of the best Artistic Directors I have ever work for (& a great human being). Also, Tim Conley, thank you for teaching me so much about building scenery, I wouldn't be where I am now without those summers with you. Kat Conley, thank you for being very patient with me as I learned how to work with such an amazing & talented scenic artist and how to look at the complete picture before construction (every scenic I have worked with since thanks you for that). There are so many people I met through this wonderful organization that I cannot possibly tag everyone, but I would say Mita Beach & Jonathan Spencer: I know we don't get to speak regularly, but I love y'all & hold you in a special place. in my heart.
Thank you for letting be a tiny part of such a wonderful organization!
Tonight, I'll hoist a Markers and a Jameson's in honor."

Mike Post & Big Fred thanks for all the good times!

Thanks for letting share,
- Will Leonard
Asst. Technical Director
Alley Theatre