[SML] Easter 2015 in London?

Dorian Kelly illuminati500 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 08:13:36 UTC 2014

Hard to know what will be running in London at that time. Whatever it is, if its in one of the big theatres it will be expensive!  Billy Elliot will probably be still on, also Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.   http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk  will help with that.  the South Bank Centre, The National and the Festival Hall will generally have something very suitable for young people at any time, whether music, ballet or theatre..  But there are also a myriad of small venues and there are always some treasures among the listings.  http://www.londontheatre.co.uk/londontheatre/whatson/oa-f.htm. There is also shows in the unique Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre, which is actually an archeological site http://www.visitbankside.com/attractions/rose-theatre-bankside

Backstage tours of the National Theatre are really good and geared up to include children. Pre-bokable.

AS for touristy things I can recommend that you take a walk along the South Bank of the Thames. Start at London Bridge Tube station. You can visit the London Shard (for brilliant views but quite expensive)  and afterwards walk through Borough Market, (or past Southwark cathedral if you don’t like crowds) and along the Clink, past the Golden Hind and the London Clink , then along Park Street past the site of the real Globe Theatre and the site of the Shakespeare’s Rose Theatre, then round the corner to The Globe replica theatre. You can book a tour here which will usually include the Rose Theatre archeology site.( highly recommended)  Continue along the river passing the Tate Modern , and the walk takes you past some great parts of the river , the OXO tower, The National Theatre and the Southbank centre, the Festival Hall and the London Eye where pre booking recommended you can take a “flight” with spectacular views.  That is a full days walk really but lots of places to stop and rest and eat.

The Tower of London and the Crown Jewels followed by Tower Bridge are really interesting. For a short trip out of town Hampton Court and Windsor Castle are easily reached.