[SML] Easter 2015 in London?

JULIE FOX julie.fox at virgin.net
Thu Oct 9 15:27:49 UTC 2014

Hi Dale,

The best place to check out what is on is www.timeout.com/London. You can
get suggestions for loads of things to do both paid and free. The big shows
currently on that are good for both kids and adults are Charlie and The
Chocolate Factory; Billy Elliott; Matilda and Bugsy Malone is being cast at
the moment - not sure when the opening date is.  There are also numerous
theatres for children, Polka; Unicorn and Little Angel (puppets). At Easter
there will be free or cheap shows in the parks as well, you'll find all of
that in Time Out.  There are great markets to visit, I like Borough Market
for a foody place, its near the Globe which is worth a visit.  I'd also
suggest visiting the Victoria and Albert Museum in Kensington, for historic
clothing and artifacts - social history which kids tend to like plus you
can walk down the road and also see the Science Museum and Natural History
Museum all for free. There's Madame Tussaud's for Waxworks (very touristy
so the queues can be horrendous) and if you walk up the road you can picnic
in Regent's Park - or go and see something at the Royal Academy of Music.
I'd also suggest getting on a river boat and take a trip to Greenwich, a
great way to see some of London's historic sites.  Convent Garden is good
but touristy with buskers and street performers and markets.

Hope your friend and her family enjoy London, I'd really advise checking
timeout to see what is on nearer the time

Julie