[SML] GaffGun taping tool

Production Manager productionmanager at minnesotaballet.org
Fri Oct 10 21:31:02 UTC 2014

I just got one two months ago. I had been taping down my floors the past
decade on my knees and always liked it that way. I was quicker than any tape
machine could ever hope of being.
However, we switched to a PVC tape instead of the cloth gaff tape. It was
fine for a year or two but the recent batch of tape rolls I have been
getting have a cheaper, thinner cardboard tube in the middle. About halfway
through the roll, it would start to get difficult to pull an arms length of
tape out to then smooth out on the floor. The cardboard tube would flatten
out from the pulling. Because of the cardboard tube deforming, the tape
would stretch more. This is why I got the tape gun this year. I won't use
the tape gun for gaff tape, but I will for the vinyl dance floor tape.

Ken Pogin
Production / Tour Manager
Minnesota Ballet