[SML] Theatrical educations questions, was: Subject: advice on some old pigment

Chip Haas chip.haas at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 16:53:08 UTC 2014

Richard,

Yes, Universities are starting to be relegated to the status of Trade
Schools.  At least here in North Carolina.  Our governor is on record that
we can't be teaching journalists and lawyers anymore, that we need to be
teaching only skills that will get our students immediately employed.
There has even started to be some discussion on a tiered tuition system
that those who want to major in the liberal arts will pay more than those
in a more employable (STEM) field.

--
Chip
--------

Technical Director / Lecturer in Theatre
Department of Theatre
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro

336-334-3891