[SML] Theatrical educations questions, was: Subject: advice on some old pigment

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Mon Oct 13 16:56:03 UTC 2014

I think one reason for this is backlash from the proliferation of
for-profit schools who only care about shareholder profit.  They teach
whatever makes a profit regardless of the employability of the
students.  Actually, most don't care if you drop out as long as the
student loan payment clears.

On 10/13/2014 09:53 AM, Chip Haas via Stagecraft wrote:
> Richard,
>
> Yes, Universities are starting to be relegated to the status of Trade
> Schools.  At least here in North Carolina.  Our governor is on record
> that we can't be teaching journalists and lawyers anymore, that we
> need to be teaching only skills that will get our students immediately
> employed.  There has even started to be some discussion on a tiered
> tuition system that those who want to major in the liberal arts will
> pay more than those in a more employable (STEM) field.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand