[SML] Theatrical educations questions, was: Subject: advice on some old pigment

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 17:05:53 UTC 2014

I'm not dissing all trade schools. Medical Schools, Law Schools, and
Divinity Schools, among others that award Doctorates, are Trade
Schools. Certain schools that award DFAs, for example, are less
valuable to Society as a whole.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 9:56 AM, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> I think one reason for this is backlash from the proliferation of
> for-profit schools who only care about shareholder profit.  They teach
> whatever makes a profit regardless of the employability of the
> students.  Actually, most don't care if you drop out as long as the
> student loan payment clears.
>
> On 10/13/2014 09:53 AM, Chip Haas via Stagecraft wrote:
>> Richard,
>>
>> Yes, Universities are starting to be relegated to the status of Trade
>> Schools.  At least here in North Carolina.  Our governor is on record
>> that we can't be teaching journalists and lawyers anymore, that we
>> need to be teaching only skills that will get our students immediately
>> employed.  There has even started to be some discussion on a tiered
>> tuition system that those who want to major in the liberal arts will
>> pay more than those in a more employable (STEM) field.
>>

> --
> Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.  www.interstellar.com
> tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
> Skype:  jerrydurand

/s/ Richard
_________