[SML] Preferred other than iPad?

Dave Vick dave.vick at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 01:45:58 UTC 2014

On Friday, October 24, 2014, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

* I'm not an iApple iPerson so I think it's bad when I know the answer
> to people's questions while the best the Apple Genius can suggest is
> things like never using data mode on their iPhone.

Why? A lot of what people need to solve issues boils down to experience and
common sense, in varying ratios.  Should Apple be more...
Umm.... Stringent, perhaps, in qualifying their people when promoting from
SalesDroid to "Genius?" Maybe. Possibly. Probably. But you're no dummy
yourself, Jerry, And while it'd be nice to think all employees of all Apple
Stores are really Geniuses, that's like expecting every LD in the world to
be Jean Rosenthal or Theron Musser. Ain't gonna happen.

--
Dave Vick
Automation Carpenter / Rigger,