[SML] Time Lapse

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:49:01 UTC 2014

On 10/30/14 1:20 PM, Riter, Andrew via Stagecraft wrote:
> Pat wrote:
>
>> Given that this particular battle appears to be lost, I'm tempted
>> to consider inserting a "OK, get out your phones and shoot your
>> damned photos NOW" moment in the next show I direct...
>
> When Brad Roberts (of Crash Test Dummies) came through 3(?) years
> ago, kick-starting the comeback, he WANTED the audience to video,
> photo, upload, tweet, <spread social media buzz> about the concert.
> Hey, free advertising.  At that point our ushers stood down, and let
> it roll.

A local church asks parishioners to check in on social media before
silencing their phone.  Again, free publicity.

I have a series of political events in my theatre this fall where there
are assigned "Tweet seats" so that students can tweet and Facebook about
the event.  Not sure how much the free advertising is working.

Steve

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall