[SML] Sound playback for dance

Bruce Purdy bpurdy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Sep 9 17:22:53 UTC 2014

Jim Vogel via Stagecraft  wrote:

> For dance/circus shows, I use Go Button on an iPad. Works very well in shows where I'm primarily playing music tracks.
> I suppose if I needed an inexpensive backup, I could use a 2nd iPad, hit go on both at the same time, and just fade one up if the first one fails.

	I use Go Button on my iPad as well - for smaller gigs when I’m travelling light. Similar in many ways to QLab, and perfect for a small travelling show. With the tiny AirTurn Digit II Bluetooth remote, I can control it from on stage as well. I don’t know whether I’d trust it as reliable enough for a larger show, though. It might be OK, but I’d rather rely on a real computer rather than an iPad.

Bruce
-----
Bruce Purdy
Central New York Magic Theatre Co.