[SML] LED lights in the Scene Shop

PJ Veltri pjveltri at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 13:46:24 UTC 2014

First, an introduction, Name's PJ Veltri, I'm the Assistant TD for a
public school district just outside of Detroit (Grosse Pointe for
those familiar with the area)  I've been slightly active on the list
in regards to lighting and ETC questions but I've not fully introduced
myself before.

Now to the question: The building where our shop is located is looking
to replace the 500w Incandescent lights in the shop with LED
equivalents. I recall reading in the past about needing to worry about
the spectrum that these LED replacements emit in regard to painting
and color matching. Is this a thing? Do we need to worry about this
anymore? Do any of you recommend a certain LED lamp(?) for this
purpose?

Thanks
PJ