[SML] LED lights in the Scene Shop

Dave Tosti-Lane davetostilane at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 15:47:11 UTC 2014

And, increasingly this works the other way too - if you have LED cyc
lighting, painting under incandescent might mislead. I like to add some
circuits to allow bringing actual stage instruments in to the paint shop
for checking - people don't necessarily use them all the time, but they can
bring them up to confirm choices and do tests. If you're facing a mandated
switch to LED or other efficient lighting in the shop, I'd make the
argument that you do need to be able to have circuits to use for testing
color under real stage lights - usually, this is an easier battle to win
than asking for an exception to the rule for a large portion of the shop.
Just tell the powers that be this will be better than running extension
cords all over the shop to run the lights from outlets, which will
ultimately happen if there isn't a better solution provided. This can be
the opportunity to also have them install a couple of pipes for hanging
instruments in your paint area.

DTL