[SML] snow

Nate Zilk cheesdude at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:50:34 UTC 2014

Yes, I have used that product.  The first time we dropped it on dancers
they complained of having minor trouble breathing, they did get used to it
though.  Being the guy running the drop it is a lot harder to regulate
dispersion than the old shredded plastic stuff.  I would recommend using
the 'regular' size over the 'fine' or 'close up' sizes, the fine stuff is
just soooo fine it gets everywhere (in our space all the way out into the
first few rows of the house) and just floats around and is a huge hassle to
clean up.  With reuse of the regular size it all breaks up and becomes fine
anyway.

All that said, it looks beautiful especially when given it's own side
lighting.

I hadn't thought about the potential allergen issue though, I will
definitely bring that up with my people. Most people who are gluten free
don't actually have a serious allergy to it, but there are people who
really do, I know someone who has a serious allergy and will be advising
him against sitting near the front rows if he plans to attend any
production that might have snow.

Nate Zilk
Portland Community Collage Performing Arts Center
(503) 936-0640