[SML] 3D printing woes

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Mon Sep 15 23:52:45 UTC 2014

Our 3D printer only works with plastic, and for that matter I have to
make a modification to it so it works reliably with the new plastic I
need to use.  For one project I needed it printed in ceramic so I
contracted with one of the companies with high-end printers to do that.

After passing all their automated checks and human checks they printed
it, glazed it, and fired it.  I just received it.  It looks like the 3D
printing is really nice detail but...their glaze is so thick it filled
in all the detail!

*GRUMP*

I'm working things out with my customer, trying for a refund from the
printing guys.

So...be careful of glazed items!

Off to design and fabricate a new part for my 3D printer...this will
need milling machines, can't print it.  :(

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand