[SML] Infrared camera

Paul Schreiner paulschreiner42 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 04:23:16 UTC 2014

> Would appreciate any suggestions or a source for infrared cameras that you use in your facility.

You can get a cheap security camera with BNC outputs for less than
$60.  As long as you spec an IR emitter on a parked dimmer* in the
hang, and have an old B/W monitor handy, you're golden.  You might
need to get a BNC-RCA adapter for the feed, but those are still cheap.

* I don't remember who suggested it, but I'm forever beholden to
whomever suggested a 6" Fresnel with 2 cuts of R27 and 2 cuts of
whatever color is Primary Green in the gel frame.  As long as the
throw distance is below 40', park that at about 10% and you'll get
awesome IR feed.