[SML] Infrared camera

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 12:52:59 UTC 2014

On 9/17/14, 10:49 PM, John Taylor via Stagecraft wrote:
> Would appreciate any suggestions or a source for infrared cameras that
> you use in your facility.
> This would not be a permanent install as we share the space and would
> put it in for each show and strike afterwards.
> Have gotten spoiled working in a couple of spaces and one space that
> really needs it does not have one.
> The one group that does 4 shows a year in this space is interested in
> acquiring one for use during their shows.

I have a Defender security camera for this.  Unfortunately, the specific
model is no longer made, but it's a color/IR camera. When the light
levels drop, it turns on the IR emitters.  Great color picture in full
light and an amusing cross-fade to B/W as the light levels fall.

This looks like the current version of what I have:
http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/DEFENDER-SECURITY-82-14270-/82-14270

Be aware, that the less-expensive models are going to have poor iris
control, so may wash out in a full-stage wash.  But you'd have the same
problem with a pure IR camera, I guess.

Steve L

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall