[SML] Thread Projection

Jen Raynak jen at tinyninjaracer.com
Sat Sep 20 23:14:54 UTC 2014

The Bolt Science website has some great info - perhaps there's something in here that will answer this?

http://www.boltscience.com/pages/info.htm?

The Short Bolting article says: "It is common practice to specify that two thread pitches must protrude.".
I guess that implies spec over standard.... There may be other info in a different article.

A bit off-topic, the poster under the heading "Why nuts and bolts come loose" would be a great addition to any shop wall, and the contraindication of using "helical spring washers" (split lock washers) was news to me, but makes total sense.

HTH,
Jen