[SML] OSHA Site

Scott R. Henkels henkelssr at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 00:25:31 UTC 2014

Bruce, I'm picking up what you're laying down-but in the ever-wondrous politics of academia, nobody would be willing to spend money on such a thing as a dehumidifier (regardless of how well anyone thought it would work).  The Fine Arts were, however, willing to pay for a new floor, quickly-in part because we just hosted a wake for an esteemed colleague, at which people in attendance actually tripped on the floor bubbles, even after the floor had relief cuts via circular saw and about a bucket worth of screws added.  Just to clarify-it was the Masonite over the stage floor needing replacement-the stage floor itself is about as fine as one can reasonably hope for.

Funny how things work, sometimes.  (I hope my sarcasm is coming through)
Scott

Store-bought gauges were reading up to 87% humidity and high 70d temperatures.  Our Facilities folks were insistent that nothing could possibly be wrong.

	I’m glad you got this resolved, and was interested in how you did it. Having worked for a long time in an historic Theatre that didn’t even HAVE Air conditioning, High 70’s in the Summer doesn’t sound bad to me. The 87% humidity, however, does - you could almost go swimming in that! ;-)  But wouldn’t buying a dehumidifier have been cheaper than replacing the floor?

Bruce-----