[SML] payment methods

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Sep 25 08:04:05 UTC 2014

On 09/24/2014 03:09 PM, Michael Sauder wrote:
> I'll second Stripe. Much like Jon I never actually sold anything
> through it, but it's easy to setup and is very much a darling of the
> modern web development industry.
>
> Michael

I talked to Stripe and signed up for an account, and THEN found I can't
actually use it without putting out a bunch of money.  Our site is PCI
compliant for all the forms of payment we accept BUT, using Stripe means
we're suddenly storing customer data on the web server.  BIG change in
required security measures.

Probably no big deal if you're renting server space from a big provider,
but all of our web sites run off our little Linux box here.

Now to figure out how to deactivate my account, there doesn't seem to be
a selection for that.  I've sent them a message.

One good thing, I'll probably be tossing out the OLD shopping cart we
have and going to OpenCart.  Just have to play with it a while to make
sure it's what we need.  Installation was a snap, and it's free, of course.

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand