[SML] PCI cards for new Mac machines...

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Mon Sep 29 05:06:15 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 8:02 PM, NODEraser via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Assuming we're talking about PCIe, hey manufacture "expansion" chassis
> for PCI cards, that connect via the Thunderbolt interface.
>
> Example:
> http://eshop.macsales.com/tech_center/Thunderbolt/PCIe_Compatibility/

That is fantastic - I am glad there exists hardware to utilize (many) of
the PCI-e hardware that was designed for Macs. When they released the new
Mac Pro trash can, I couldn't help but think about all the many producers
and post production houses I designed/set up off-line and online suites.
There are a myriad of PCI-e cards for both video and audio, that are still
very much sufficient and capable... tough place to be in when your hardware
and OS maker of choice cuts off your options to use existing hardware when
upgrading. Some of these cards cost many times more than the computers they
were put in.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com