[SML] RigCalc Question

Alex French flaggday at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 13:29:25 UTC 2014

On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 6:16 PM, Dave Vick via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> On Saturday, September 27, 2014, Will Leonard via Stagecraft
>> I just upgraded to an iPhone 6 & I can't find RigCalc on the App Store. Is
>> it still available?
>>
>> I sure hope so.
> I seem to recall Del announcing a month or so ago that RigCalc was being
> taken down and reconfigured, both as an upgrade and because Alex French was
> no longer going to be handling the source code heavy-lifting, if he'll
> pardon the pun.  Apparently that has taken place?

1) I think RigCalc is back in the App Store now.

It had been noticed that it was missing due to some bit of the twenty
seven different developer contracts that have to be in place a few
weeks ago.  And helpfully when you check one "I agree" box, it
sometimes takes Apple a day or two to notice that now there's another
"I agree" checkbox you need to click... then iOS 8 comes out and
there's another new "I agree" that you're not aware of until you log
in... anyway, it looks like yesterday's attempts to agree to
everything were successful.  I think RigCalc may have lost it's iOS
App Store reviews because it was on hiatus, but it's still exactly the
same thing it has been for quite a while.

2) RigCalc hasn't transferred responsibility yet, but we're working on
figuring out something that will give it adequate loving parents to
help it continue to grow, or at least keep up, instead of stagnate.

Delbert sounded out the list about one of the ideas involved in that
(i.e. when there are new features, it may mean a new purchase, not
just a free upgrade), but we'll make sure that when something actually
goes in place the SML is well informed, since you're all the marketing
team.

Alex French