[SML] Motor controls in scenery

Bill Sapsis bill at sapsis-rigging.com
Tue Apr 7 23:25:28 UTC 2015

PLASA’s ANSI standard E1.6-1_2012  Powered Hoist Systems, sec 7.4.3.2 says…..   "There shall be a minimum of two sets of limit switches in any direction of motion.  Normal (end of travel, initial) and ultimate (overtravel) limit switches."

Any time you are using a machine to move things on stage you should have the two sets but especially when you are moving people.  It’s not just for flying performers.  As evidencinced by Bill’ C’s example, moving a platform with people on it also presents serious risks.

Bill S.

bill at sapsis-rigging.com
http://www.sapsis-rigging.com
+1.267.278.4561   mobile