[SML] Motor controls in scenery

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 01:39:48 UTC 2015

> The way I see it, Bill, it's either right or wrong.
>
> The ANSI standard that Bill S quoted would be the absolute minimum
precaution one would take.

> The reason for another set of limits is not only if the machine misses
one set, it will then hit the other. The second set of limits should cut a
the power or deactivate a secondary control circuit not related to the the
primary.

> On some machines there is a .....

Thanks Mark. I do know what "should" be done. What I wanted to know is how
frequently is it done or not done. As far as the PLASA hoist standard, I
feel rather certain that it has not been applied to stage lifts, and it
that was the intent why is there a separate lift standard being developed.

Consider if I asked how many fire safety curtains were closed during
non-production times, as the PLASA standard says to do but more importantly
that law requires be done. Are you going to pretend that all are closed as
required, because they should be?

I'm trying, with no success obviously, to draw on the observations of the
people here to determine what is the typical practice across the land.

Bill Conner FASTC