[SML] smart phones and wind

Dave Tosti-Lane davetostilane at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 17:06:14 UTC 2015

I think it greatly predates smart phones. (Though I agree on the common
sense draining effect)

When I was working in academia (you have no idea how cool it is to type
that "when I was" thing), every month or so some stuffed shirt
administrator would send out a memo saying that any time there was more
than a paragraph to send, we should avoid email and use the phone. Because,
as far as I can tell, they were all too freaking lazy to READ more than a
paragraph, and their management style depended on the ability to
selectively forget what anyone told them.

That, and they probably knew I kept copies of everything and when they
would claim they never heard a particular concern, I would send them their
email responses to the last 12 times I raised it to them over the previous
10 years.

I suppose they ALSO find it cool that I can type "when I was working..."

;-)
Dave Tosti-Lane