[SML] PTZ cam for both recording AND stage monitoring?

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Tue Apr 14 18:58:56 UTC 2015

Has anyone used a PTZ system for both the occasional presentation
recording, but in its "off hours" using a PTZ (Pan/tilt/zoom) camera
for the back stage/green room/lobby, etc monitor feed?

Pros? Cons?

We have your basic camera, feeding an analog signal to an agile
modulator, that distributes the picture to our gathering spaces, but
there's talk about putting in a single-cam PTZ system, and I'm
wondering if it might serve double-duty.... would probably be a better
quality camera than what we have....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com