[SML] Wireless microphones

Johnson, Philip Philip.Johnson at tamucc.edu
Wed Apr 22 13:40:03 UTC 2015

Sorry if this has been asked before,

What are people's experiences with the lifetime of wireless microphone systems?

We use ours once or twice a year but the students are really hard on them.  The system is 8 to 10 years old and I have connector issues and also narrowing frequencies due to hdtv.
It's and Audio Technica system with antenna combiner and 24 3000/5000 series units.

It's feeling it's age.  Suggestions for new?   I see lots of system from the touring shows,  what is holding up the best?

Since we only use it once or twice a year, rental?  Purchase?  I worry about wear and tear on rental mics and having to replace them because of carelessness

Need about 20 or so for our shows.

Thanks for you advice

Phil Johnson
Designer. Texas A&M Corpus Christi