[SML] Wireless microphones

Ken Zinkl kzinkl at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 22 13:53:59 UTC 2015

I don't have a ton of sound experience but I am in a similar position as you are. I have a dozen Shure ULXP microphones each with a body pack and handheld transmitter. I haven't had any issues with the body packs or receivers in 7 years and I think we did manage to break one handheld transmitter. The body packs get used a few times a year and I always have 2-4 handhelds in use at any given time. If the pack connectors are failing you may want to see what AT charges for repair. If the microphone connectors are failing I'd replace the microphone. If going for new I have been very happy with all of the Shure products I've ever used. AT is close second. From what a friend has told me I would avoid Sennheiser only because students have a tendency to break the connector at the pack.   Ken Z