[SML] OT: Chromebook apps

Andy Lang andy at soundguyandy.com
Thu Apr 23 20:05:10 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 8:58 AM, Dave Vick via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday, April 22, 2015, Pat Kight via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> Andy Lang, any plans to port it over to The Other Mobile OS?
>

> [*popping popcorn*]
> This ought to be good.....

Hope it’s a small bag, Dave ;-)

Both Go Button and QLab rely on core technologies built into iOS and
OS X respectively, so porting them to other OSes would be nigh on
impossible. It wouldn’t be the same program, even if we had Android or
Windows or Chrome devs on staff, which we don’t :-)

If I’m not mistaken, Chromebooks only run cloud apps, anyway, which is
a whole ‘nother can of worms for audio work…

-Andy

—
Andy Lang
@SoundGuyAndy <http://twitter.com/SoundGuyAndy>
support at figure53.com

(As you may have noticed, this is coming from my new address. Messages
sent to andy at ducksecho will still reach me, but please update your
contacts to use andy at soundguyandy.com as my primary email address.
Thanks!)