[SML] NUC

Ray Gibson booray at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 00:17:07 UTC 2015

Things I like most about the NUC:

1. When you open the box, it plays the Intel jingle.  I found that it
is not a switch but actually a light sensor.  Very neat, I was
considering attaching it to my trash can lid.
2. VESA mounting plate, making attachment to your desktop monitor very simple.
3. It comes with a T-Shirt, vacuum pressed into a hockey puck form
factor.  There's a dragon on the front.

Things I like least about the NUC:

1. Current mSATA offerings are crap compared to the 2.5" equivalents,
so if you want a decent SSD you gotta buy the thicker one.  Maybe this
has changed as this opinion is three months old.
2. mini HDMI?  There's plenty of room for a full sized HDMI connector.
Why not include an adapter cable?  Instead you have to drop $15.99 on
a Startech cable to attach to a monitor...
3. Intel jingle can't be easily replaced with 'wilhelm scream' or
other because the chip is coated with solid black gunk, lame..

Ray