[SML] NUC

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Thu Apr 30 02:30:33 UTC 2015

Don't forget the output is only HD, so your high-res monitor won't be so
high.

I ordered this with pre-installed and tested memory and drive, came out
about the same price and this way I only have to mess with getting
drivers working, not hardware too.

On 04/29/2015 05:17 PM, Ray Gibson wrote:
> Things I like most about the NUC:
>
> 1. When you open the box, it plays the Intel jingle.  I found that it
> is not a switch but actually a light sensor.  Very neat, I was
> considering attaching it to my trash can lid.
> 2. VESA mounting plate, making attachment to your desktop monitor very simple.
> 3. It comes with a T-Shirt, vacuum pressed into a hockey puck form
> factor.  There's a dragon on the front.
>
> Things I like least about the NUC:
>
> 1. Current mSATA offerings are crap compared to the 2.5" equivalents,
> so if you want a decent SSD you gotta buy the thicker one.  Maybe this
> has changed as this opinion is three months old.
> 2. mini HDMI?  There's plenty of room for a full sized HDMI connector.
> Why not include an adapter cable?  Instead you have to drop $15.99 on
> a Startech cable to attach to a monitor...
> 3. Intel jingle can't be easily replaced with 'wilhelm scream' or
> other because the chip is coated with solid black gunk, lame..
>
> Ray

tel: +1 408 356-3886, USA toll free: 1 866 356-3886
Skype:  jerrydurand