[SML] Vacuform machine

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 30 19:13:49 UTC 2015

A company I worked for designed and built a machine worth many thousands of dollars. The company decided it was no longer going to be needed, before it was even finished. It could not be sold because of its proprietary nature. But what puzzled me is that because they wanted to take some sort of tax loss, they could not even donate parts, like actuators, to a university.  These sorts of components would be worth tens of thousands of dollars.  But, they all had to be fully destroyed.

Joe Dunfee
jdunfee12 at yahoo.com